Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Big 12 Vacancy


This is the final edit of my Big XII neon sign illustration. I went out in downtown Manhattan to find a brick wall that would look good for this package. I tweaked my original edit to have an illuminated X because at this time there are only officially two teams leaving the conference. I also reduced the illuminating features on the unlit part of the sign (thanks for the critique Jon). The paper didn't end up using this edit but I really wanted to see how it would have looked so I redesigned the front page with my illustration instead.

What the paper had...


What they could have had...


If you want to read more on this here is a link to the story:
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/news/texas-declines-pac-10-offer-league-remains-with-10-members-1.2274786

If you are interested in trying this tutorial here is a link to the one I followed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGDkai7RTC8

***Note: I tried to get the links as ACTUAL links but for some reason I couldn't get them to work, if I figure it out I will redo them.

1 comment: