Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kansas Weather

It had been storming pretty consistently this week in Manhattan. Here are some of my favorite shots from the heaviest part of the weather.


This was probably my favorite frame from this storm. Anyone who knows me knows I have a strong attraction to dead tree silhouettes against interesting skies. This living tree with dead branches kept my eye fascinated.


Just a cool frame showing how intense this storm was. It was very dark on campus.


While shooting the storm I ran into my friend Rick (see post below, three down).


While cutting through a building to keep my camera from getting too wet I saw this wet chain through this long skinny window. So I waited for someone to walk by to give it another interesting element. I actually had to wait a while.


This is one reason I love my campus grounds in the Summer time. Everything is so colorful and beautiful.


I came home and the sun came out, but it was STILL pouring rain! Made for an interesting frame.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, the last photo reminds me of the rain in Scotland; rain and sunshine at the same time. Looks like a cool storm!

    ReplyDelete